Palak masoor dal
Cooking time : 18 minutes
Servings : 4
Cooking equipment required: Bowl pressure cooker and deep non-stick pan
Nutritional count per serving : 88 calories, 11.2 gm carbohydrate, 1.6 gm fat, 2.6 gm fibre
- 1 cup masoor dal
- 1 ½ cups chopped spinach
- 2 cups water
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tea spoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander-cumin seeds powder
- ¼ teaspoon amchur powder
- Mix masoor dal, spinach, water and salt in a bowl and place it in a pressure cooker. Cook it for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure cooker has cooled down, remove the cooked dal and keep aside.
- Make a tempering by heating ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and allow the cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add onions, garlic paste and ginger green chilli paste and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal mixture, turmeric powder, coriander cumin seeds powder and amchur powder. Stir well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot
A Simple dal without any ghee or cream. You can include it in your daily meals.