Moong dal dosa
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Soaking time : 2 hours
Fermenting time : 8 to 10 hours
Servings : makes 12 dosas
Cooking equipment required: Big bowl, strainer, Mixer and Dosa Tava
Nutritional count per dosa : 73 calories, 10.6 gm carbohydrate, 1.5 gm fat, 1.6 gm fibre
- 1 cup green moong dal
- ½ cup urad dal
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 3 teaspoon oil for cooking
- Sambhar, for serving
- Mix green moong dal, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a bowl. Add water as required and set aside to soak for 2 hours.
- Pour moong dal and urad dal in a strainer and drain out all the water.
- Add them to the mixer jar and grind to form a smooth mixture using 1 cup of water.
- Cover and keep aside for 8 to 10 hours (for fermentation).
- Add ¼ cup of water to adjust the consistency of dosa batter.
- Heat a dosa tava and pour a little batter on it. Spread it clockwise to make a 7” dosa. Cook using ¼ teaspoon of oil.
- Make 11 more dosas in the same way.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Rice dosa is usually on a no-no list for diabetics. But these moong dal dosas are a welcomed addition to a diabetic’s diet as they are devoid of high crab rice.