Healthy sprout & veggie wrap
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Servings : 4 wraps
Cooking equipment required : Big bowl, Broad non-stick pan and non-stick tava
Nutritional count per wrap : 134 calories, 22.6 gm carbohydrate, 1.8 gm fat, 3.8 gm fibre
- 4 wheat flour rotis (each of 6” and lightly cooked)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ¾ cup sliced mixed coloured capsicum (red yellow and green)
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ¾ cup boiled moong sprouts / bean sprouts
- Salt as per taste
To mix and make spring onion spread
- ½ cup finely chopped spring onions
- ¾ cup low fat curd
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- Pepper powder as per taste
- To make the stuffing, heat oil in a broad non-stick pan, add onions and stir for 1 to 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add coloured capsicum and stir for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add carrots moong sprouts and salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Now, heat a non-stick tava and lightly heat the roti on both sides. Place it on the serving plate, spread same of the prepared spring onion spread all over it. Place a little stuffing in the center of the roti over the spread and roll it tightly.
- Make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Make it as a nourishing one dish meal option. But, restrict to not more than 2 wraps at a time. Feel free to add any veggies of your choice other than potatoes, sweet potatoes, yam and purple yam.