Healthy choco walnut cake
Cooking Time : 25 to 30 minutes
Servings : Makes 8 wedges
Cooking equipment required : small bowl, Big bowl, Sieve, Spatula / flat spoon,6” baking tin and Oven
Nutritional Count per wedge : 135 calories, 14.5 gm carbohydrate, 7.2 gm fat, 0.5 gm fibre
• 1 teaspoon melted butter
• 4 tablespoon butter
• 1 ½ tablespoon sugar substitute
• 1 ½ cups wheat flour
• 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• A pinch of baking soda
• ¼ cup curd
• 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
• 1 ½ cups water
- First, apply melted butter on the insides of a 6” baking tin. Sprinkle a little wheat flour and pat well till it sticks to the butter in the entire tin. Keep aside.
- Now, mix butter and the sugar substitute in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Mix wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in a big bowl and sieve this mixture well.
- Add curd, walnuts, the butter and sugar substitute mixture and water. Stir gently with a spatula or flat spoon. (Do not stir vigorously as there is baking soda added to it).
- Pour this cake mixture into the butter and flour lined baking tin and pat it to even out the mixture.
- Now, pre-heat the oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Then bake at 2200C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once cooled slightly, remove it from the oven and then demould it.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve immediately.
This healthy cake is devoid of maida and sugar, which are known to be the main culprits of fluctuations in blood levels. But opt for this cake on occasions only.